„Dreiborner Straße“ was and remains Gemünd’s main street.
After a huge fire in 1851, in which all but two buildings were burned to the ground, the street was widened, and the building plots enlarged. The half-timbered houses with thatched roofs, which until then had characterised the street, disappeared.
In the Second World War, the buildings were reduced to rubble by bombs, shells and grenades. A huge heap of debris was all that remained.