After the closure of the Gemünd factory in the 1920’s, the buildings fell into disrepair until they were acquired by an order of Dominican sisters.
In 1928, this order established on the site a convent with a day and boarding school for young women, who were to be educated in home economics, as well as administration and office work.
The Nazi Regime halted the development of the Christian school. In the Second World War, a hospital was established here; however the buildings were continually the victims of allied bombing.
The present complex („Kurhaus“) provides accommodation for concerts, meetings and other activities of the town.