The select girls’ school built in 1902 on another site, was run by the Sisters of the Poor Child Jesus.
The Anna-Clara House built in 1928 in „Am Hähnchen“ was the first permanent accommodation for the girls’ grammar school in Schleiden. The Sisters ran this school until in 1939 when it was closed by the NS regime, which used the building as its area headquarters.
Clara Fey Grammar School evolved from the former girls’ school and is now the largest in the Schleiden area with more than a thousand pupils.
The Anna-Clara House was used after 1945 as a convalescent home for the Sisters and for other church purposes. Currently, the building is unused.