In 1820 the house of the sawmill-owner, Albert Rheinshagen, stood at the foot of the castle complex. The archway on the left bears the date 1836.
The flags and spruce garlands date this photograph exactly. The picture records the visit of the Kaiser on 18th November 1911, which is commemorated also by a plaque in the castle church. The visit of Wilhelm II had particular significance for the church, because it led to the renovation of the tomb of Sybilla von Hohenzollern.
Also in the castle complex stood the houses of the castle officials: here are still the Catholic parish house (left) and opposite, the former chaplaincy.